Blog Post #11: Bridge to Present
1. I found many traits about the Sisters of Notre Dame interesting. To begin, I admire their courage and determination. When a school was being opened in Ohio in 1844, some sisters moved as well. They did this knowing they would most likely not return home. Also, I admire their perseverance and hard-working attitudes. The sisters tried their hardest to maintain their presence in most of the schools that were built throughout the years. The Sisters of Notre Dame live out the Hallmarks and are amazing role models to have because of their kindness, courage, and perseverance.
2. During the Alumnae Panel, the four women all mentioned the sisterhood that Notre Dame provides. They still have some of the friendships they made while attending this school, which I find very impressive. This stood out to me because most people I know don't keep very many friendships they had made when they were younger. The community at Notre Dame allowed for strong bonds to be formed and more genuine friendships to grow. All four of the women also had very little, if any, negative opinions about Notre Dame. This definitely speaks highly about the school and the experience that the students have here.
3. Being a part of the Notre Dame community is unique. You instantly have a family through all of your classmates. The staff and administrators are welcoming and encouraging. The teachers all try and push us to be the very best students we can be. Being a part of the community at our school means never being judged or discouraged. Notre Dame is a safe environment for young girls to learn and grow to have a school-wide family.
4. When I leave Notre Dame, some of the values I learned will have definitely stuck with me. I will always remember to be kind and welcoming to others. Also, I now know to never give up trying, even if all hope seems lost. Notre Dame has taught me to continue persevering because great efforts makes great results. I know I will leave Notre Dame remembering to treat others with respect, no matter what. Notre Dame has implemented strong values in me that I know I will continue having after I graduate.
I chose this picture because it shows the sisterhood and bond that all of the students have at Notre Dame. I took this picture at Aquacades 2018 with a few of my friends.
2. During the Alumnae Panel, the four women all mentioned the sisterhood that Notre Dame provides. They still have some of the friendships they made while attending this school, which I find very impressive. This stood out to me because most people I know don't keep very many friendships they had made when they were younger. The community at Notre Dame allowed for strong bonds to be formed and more genuine friendships to grow. All four of the women also had very little, if any, negative opinions about Notre Dame. This definitely speaks highly about the school and the experience that the students have here.
3. Being a part of the Notre Dame community is unique. You instantly have a family through all of your classmates. The staff and administrators are welcoming and encouraging. The teachers all try and push us to be the very best students we can be. Being a part of the community at our school means never being judged or discouraged. Notre Dame is a safe environment for young girls to learn and grow to have a school-wide family.
4. When I leave Notre Dame, some of the values I learned will have definitely stuck with me. I will always remember to be kind and welcoming to others. Also, I now know to never give up trying, even if all hope seems lost. Notre Dame has taught me to continue persevering because great efforts makes great results. I know I will leave Notre Dame remembering to treat others with respect, no matter what. Notre Dame has implemented strong values in me that I know I will continue having after I graduate.
I chose this picture because it shows the sisterhood and bond that all of the students have at Notre Dame. I took this picture at Aquacades 2018 with a few of my friends.
Comments
Post a Comment