Blog Post #9: Resilience
1. I could possibly see myself sharing the same messages my Letter Writer shared. I agree with the messages Saint Peter preached about being proud to be a Christian and never feeling insulted for suffering in the name of Christ. Since Jesus died and suffered for us as a human, we must do our part and devote our lives to following Him and worshiping Him. Also, it is crucial to know that if you suffer in the name of God, you are blessed. I would spread these messages by posting about them on social media. I would do this because it would be a quick and effective way to preach to others.
2. I learned many new things about the Virgin Mary through the Marian apparition projects. Specifically, in the story of Our Lady of Fatima, I learned that she appeared to three children and gave them visions over the period of a several months. She shared with them three predictions that she had, known as the "Secrets of Fatima." These visions included the end of WWI and the beginning of WW2, the rise and fall of Soviet communism and that a pope would die from gunfire. I also learned about the story of Our Lady of Knock, where the Virgin Mary appeared and was bowing her head in prayer. I found this very interesting and powerful because she still had such a great effect, even when she stayed silent.
3. Within the Marian apparition I researched, Our Lady of Guadalupe, I saw resilience. Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared to Juan Diego and told him to go to the bishop and share her request to build a temple in the area she appeared in. The bishop did not believe this and told Juan to come back only if he had proof that Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared to him a second time. While Juan Diego did lose some hope, he showed resilience when he went back to where Our Lady of Guadalupe first appeared to him. He approached her with flowers and she rearranged them while telling him to give them to the bishop. He showed resilience when he went back to the bishop a second time instead of giving up.
4. I definitely see myself as being resilient. Whenever I face a challenge, I try my very best to overcome that obstacle. No matter how long it takes, I usually seem to fix the problems I am faced with. When I believe that I need help, I never hesitate to ask my friends or family for guidance. I have learned to never give up, no matter what the circumstances are. I am resilient because whenever something becomes too overbearing, I find a way to fight through it with the help of others.
I chose this picture because it depicts Our Lady of Fatima appearing to the three children and giving them visions about the future.
"A Gift for Our Lady of Fatima." Children's Rosary, 11 May 2012,
www.childrensrosary.blogspot.com/2012/05/gift-for-our-lady-of-fatima.html. Accessed 7 Mar
2018.
2. I learned many new things about the Virgin Mary through the Marian apparition projects. Specifically, in the story of Our Lady of Fatima, I learned that she appeared to three children and gave them visions over the period of a several months. She shared with them three predictions that she had, known as the "Secrets of Fatima." These visions included the end of WWI and the beginning of WW2, the rise and fall of Soviet communism and that a pope would die from gunfire. I also learned about the story of Our Lady of Knock, where the Virgin Mary appeared and was bowing her head in prayer. I found this very interesting and powerful because she still had such a great effect, even when she stayed silent.
3. Within the Marian apparition I researched, Our Lady of Guadalupe, I saw resilience. Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared to Juan Diego and told him to go to the bishop and share her request to build a temple in the area she appeared in. The bishop did not believe this and told Juan to come back only if he had proof that Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared to him a second time. While Juan Diego did lose some hope, he showed resilience when he went back to where Our Lady of Guadalupe first appeared to him. He approached her with flowers and she rearranged them while telling him to give them to the bishop. He showed resilience when he went back to the bishop a second time instead of giving up.
4. I definitely see myself as being resilient. Whenever I face a challenge, I try my very best to overcome that obstacle. No matter how long it takes, I usually seem to fix the problems I am faced with. When I believe that I need help, I never hesitate to ask my friends or family for guidance. I have learned to never give up, no matter what the circumstances are. I am resilient because whenever something becomes too overbearing, I find a way to fight through it with the help of others.
I chose this picture because it depicts Our Lady of Fatima appearing to the three children and giving them visions about the future.
"A Gift for Our Lady of Fatima." Children's Rosary, 11 May 2012,
www.childrensrosary.blogspot.com/2012/05/gift-for-our-lady-of-fatima.html. Accessed 7 Mar
2018.

Comments
Post a Comment