Blog Post #6

1.  Through this project,  I learned many new things about the Beatitudes.  For example, I learned that they can be interpreted in different ways.  Since the Beatitudes were created for people 2,000 years ago, they have a different meaning now than they did then.  This allows for open interpretation to the meaning behind each beatitude.  I also learned that they are a guideline for how to live in order to be blessed.  Those who are humble, compassionate, and forgiving will receive mercy from God.

2.  A certain beatitude affects me more than the others.  This beatitude is, "Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted."  This gives me hope because no matter how much someone suffers, they will always have a better outcome.  No matter how much pain they endure, God will always be there to comfort them and love them.  This gives me comfort because I know that everything will work out, even when it doesn't seem like it.  When everything seems to be falling apart, I can maintain strong and not worry because I know that everything will be fixed.


3.  During the gallery walk, I noticed how everyone interpreted the Beatitudes in a different way.  This is important because it is crucial to know that there can be many ways to interpret something, especially when it has a religious meaning.  Although everyone had different visions when they thought of the beatitudes, none of them were wrong.  There were similarities in most of the symbols, and overall they weren't extremely diverse.  This explains how the truth can be viewed in many ways.  Everyone envisioned something different and was still correct in how they presented it.


4.  The beatitudes can be more present in my life in many ways.  I can start by being more humble and forgiving of others.  Although forgiving others for their wrongdoings can be difficult, it is necessary in order to be forgiven as well.  I can also start volunteering more often and helping the less fortunate.  There are people in the world who need food, clothes, and many more things that I take for granted.  I can make the beatitudes more present in the way I live my life by doing simple tasks to help others and not myself.

I chose this picture because it shows the structure and meaning of the Beatitudes.  It also gives examples of how to live out your life through the Beatitudes.


Michael, Andrew.  "Beatitudes Meaning and Structure." Freely Receive, 13 August 2015,  www.freelyreceive.net/beatitudes-meaning-and-structure/.  Accessed 21 November 2017 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #5

Blog Post #8 - Suffering

Blog Post #12: Church in the Present