Blog Post #4
Through this unit, I learned many new things about prayer. I learned that there are many ways one can pray; there is not one correct way. Prayer is a conversation between an individual and God and is extremely personal. It allows someone to talk to God and ask for guidance or protection, or show their gratitude for everything in their life. A few ways that the class learned to pray were through meditation, gratitude, Lectio Davina, acts, and song. This unit provided me with more ways to pray and more confidence in my relationship with God.
I can definitely see myself implementing new prayer practices. I learned many interesting and yet simple ways to pray. A few types that I think I will use in the future would be meditation and song. It is important to take time for yourself throughout the day and reflect. This is a great way to pray because your mind is clear and you truly speak from your heart. Also, since I am a fan of music and play piano, the form of prayer in song is intriguing to me. I can enjoy music and speak to God at the same time this way, therefore truly being present in prayer.
From the movie, The Case for Christ, I received many powerful messages. From these, I took away that God has a plan for everyone. Although this plan may not seem evident at all times, it is definitely existent. In the movie, God's plan for Lee was played through Lee's wife, Leslie. God gave her faith first because He knew she would able to show Lee the truth about God and Christianity. I also learned that God's plan is different with every person. For example, Leslie was able to begin following Christ fairly quickly, while Lee took more time to analyze and fight against the religion before converting.
I took away many skills from this unit. A major skill that I will keep with me for the rest of my life is meditation. It is crucial for everyone to take some time every day and reflect on their lives. Even if they don't feel the urge to pray, being completely silent in the mind also helps a person. With schoolwork and after-school activities, it is difficult to have free time during the week. However, in the future I will try to take time and meditate every day in order to grow closer to God and connect with my soul.
I chose this image because I believe it shows how beautiful it can be when someone prays. It calms and silences a person in a way that is difficult to completely understand, and yet it is known to be a beautiful thing.
Monell, Milt. "3G: A Way of Life." Cru, www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/prayer/3g--a-way-of-life.html. Accessed 19 October 2017.
I can definitely see myself implementing new prayer practices. I learned many interesting and yet simple ways to pray. A few types that I think I will use in the future would be meditation and song. It is important to take time for yourself throughout the day and reflect. This is a great way to pray because your mind is clear and you truly speak from your heart. Also, since I am a fan of music and play piano, the form of prayer in song is intriguing to me. I can enjoy music and speak to God at the same time this way, therefore truly being present in prayer.
From the movie, The Case for Christ, I received many powerful messages. From these, I took away that God has a plan for everyone. Although this plan may not seem evident at all times, it is definitely existent. In the movie, God's plan for Lee was played through Lee's wife, Leslie. God gave her faith first because He knew she would able to show Lee the truth about God and Christianity. I also learned that God's plan is different with every person. For example, Leslie was able to begin following Christ fairly quickly, while Lee took more time to analyze and fight against the religion before converting.I took away many skills from this unit. A major skill that I will keep with me for the rest of my life is meditation. It is crucial for everyone to take some time every day and reflect on their lives. Even if they don't feel the urge to pray, being completely silent in the mind also helps a person. With schoolwork and after-school activities, it is difficult to have free time during the week. However, in the future I will try to take time and meditate every day in order to grow closer to God and connect with my soul.
I chose this image because I believe it shows how beautiful it can be when someone prays. It calms and silences a person in a way that is difficult to completely understand, and yet it is known to be a beautiful thing.
Monell, Milt. "3G: A Way of Life." Cru, www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/prayer/3g--a-way-of-life.html. Accessed 19 October 2017.
Comments
Post a Comment