Blog Post #2
Prior to my religion class this year, I knew much about Jesus. I have been going to a catholic school for four years before taking this class, and in my religion classes there I learned about Jesus' life and sacrifices that He made. However, I have also known and learned about Jesus my entire life. Since I am Greek Orthodox, I believe that Christ is the Son of God and believe everything that I have learned since going to a catholic school. The teachings that I have learned throughout my entire life at church and at home are almost exactly alike to the Catholic church's teachings because the Greek Orthodox and Catholic churches were once one. Before this class, I had learned the story of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection and had been growing personally closer to God.
Through this unit, I learned more stories about Jesus' life and gained more insights on Him. I learned the story of His burial, the significance of the garments He wore, and details about the miracles He performed. I learned that He always stayed humble and never abandoned us, no matter how difficult the situation was. Although I already knew that Jesus was and is an extremely loving and protective person and God, the stories that I heard confirmed these characteristics of His. Through this stories, Christ is portrayed as someone who is always there during times of trouble. It may be difficult to see at first, however, He is always there protecting and loving us.
I see Jesus as more of a spiritual figure than a historical figure. This is because I have grown up learning about Him through the church and have perceived Him as the Son of God my entire life. Although I do acknowledge that He was a person in history who made a tremendous impact, I see Him as more of a spiritual leader than just another person who changed the world. Through my catholic education over the past few years, I have created a more concrete perception of Christ as a human being. I have learned how He made sacrifices and suffered for the good of humanity. However, I believe I will always view Jesus as a spiritual figure because my first viewpoint of Him was that He was the Son of God and our Savior.
My relationship with Jesus is extremely strong, and has grown over the years. I have always felt close to Him, and ever since I was young I have always been growing closer to Him. I pray to God every night and also several times throughout the day at school. Through my difficult times, I have asked Jesus to give me strength and help me. Even though sometimes it seems as though my prayers go unanswered, I know that this is not the case. I have learned to trust Christ because He knows what is best for me and how I am going to live my life to the fullest. Thankfully, I have grown even closer to Jesus through my education the past four years, and I plan to continue growing closer to Him every day.
I included these images because they show the two main ways Christ is perceived: spiritually and historically. On the left, He is seen as the all-powerful God who loves and protects His children. On the right however, He is seen as a leader among the people.
Zanzig, Thomas. Jesus of History. Saint Mary's Press, Christian Brothers Publications, 1999.
Hutchinson, Robert J. "Jesus Christ Remains the Greatest Enigma in History to Believers and Skeptics Alike." 2015,
www.roberthutchinson.com/jesus-christ-remains-the-greatest-enigma-in-history-to-believers- and-skeptics-alike/. Accessed 19 September 2017.
Smallman, John. Jesus - Love is Key to Spiritual Awareness. Higher Density Blog, 27 November 2013, www.higherdensity.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/jesus-love-is-the-key-to- spiritual-awareness/. Accessed 19 September 2017
Through this unit, I learned more stories about Jesus' life and gained more insights on Him. I learned the story of His burial, the significance of the garments He wore, and details about the miracles He performed. I learned that He always stayed humble and never abandoned us, no matter how difficult the situation was. Although I already knew that Jesus was and is an extremely loving and protective person and God, the stories that I heard confirmed these characteristics of His. Through this stories, Christ is portrayed as someone who is always there during times of trouble. It may be difficult to see at first, however, He is always there protecting and loving us.
I see Jesus as more of a spiritual figure than a historical figure. This is because I have grown up learning about Him through the church and have perceived Him as the Son of God my entire life. Although I do acknowledge that He was a person in history who made a tremendous impact, I see Him as more of a spiritual leader than just another person who changed the world. Through my catholic education over the past few years, I have created a more concrete perception of Christ as a human being. I have learned how He made sacrifices and suffered for the good of humanity. However, I believe I will always view Jesus as a spiritual figure because my first viewpoint of Him was that He was the Son of God and our Savior.
My relationship with Jesus is extremely strong, and has grown over the years. I have always felt close to Him, and ever since I was young I have always been growing closer to Him. I pray to God every night and also several times throughout the day at school. Through my difficult times, I have asked Jesus to give me strength and help me. Even though sometimes it seems as though my prayers go unanswered, I know that this is not the case. I have learned to trust Christ because He knows what is best for me and how I am going to live my life to the fullest. Thankfully, I have grown even closer to Jesus through my education the past four years, and I plan to continue growing closer to Him every day.
I included these images because they show the two main ways Christ is perceived: spiritually and historically. On the left, He is seen as the all-powerful God who loves and protects His children. On the right however, He is seen as a leader among the people.
Zanzig, Thomas. Jesus of History. Saint Mary's Press, Christian Brothers Publications, 1999.
Hutchinson, Robert J. "Jesus Christ Remains the Greatest Enigma in History to Believers and Skeptics Alike." 2015,
www.roberthutchinson.com/jesus-christ-remains-the-greatest-enigma-in-history-to-believers- and-skeptics-alike/. Accessed 19 September 2017.
Smallman, John. Jesus - Love is Key to Spiritual Awareness. Higher Density Blog, 27 November 2013, www.higherdensity.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/jesus-love-is-the-key-to- spiritual-awareness/. Accessed 19 September 2017


Comments
Post a Comment