Blog Post #1
From my own group presentation, I learned that Jesus was buried by his great uncle, Joseph of Arimathea. Joseph was a loyal follower of Jesus, however, this risked him his life. He had to be secretive about his belief in Christ because he could have been killed for being a follower. Despite his fear of being caught, he approached Pontius Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. Thankfully, he was given the body and succeeded in burying Jesus in the tomb. Through this story, I learned that Jesus gave Joseph courage and never left him during his times of worry. God was helping Joseph through his faith and protected him from being hurt.

Through my classmates' group presentations, I learned that Jesus is always with us, no matter what. He guided the wisemen to find him through a star, performed miracles to feed thousands and provide wine at the wedding at Cana, and died for us and for our sins. He did not abandon us, even when it seemed like He did. When King Herod slaughtered innocent babies, Jesus stayed with us. He did this so that he could die for us and save us from sin. Even though Jesus was the most powerful human being, he remained humble, gracious, and loving. This is shown through his acts of kindness and love that He performed throughout his journey.

I found the Wedding at Cana the most interesting story of Jesus. Although Jesus didn't think it was time for Him to start his journey to save our sins, His mother Mary convinced him to preform a miracle. He eventually agreed and created great-tasting wine out of water. I thought this story was fascinating because Jesus stayed humble throughout the process and never wanted to draw attention to himself. He only wanted to help humanity and save us from sin. Also, this story is interesting because it marks the beginning of Jesus' journey and plan that he continues until the end of His life.
After reflecting on Jesus' characteristics through these stories, I have concluded that two people in my life share similar qualities with Jesus. These two people are my father and my sister. They both are extremely humble, kind people who want to keep everyone safe and happy. They also both work hard for our family and continuously make sacrifices. I aspire to be like them and always be kind and hardworking. Both my dad and my sister have helped me grow into the person I am today.
I included these two pictures in my post to add visualization to my writing. The picture at the top expresses how, through His humility, Jesus died for us and saved us from ourselves. The picture at the bottom shows an image of Jesus and the Virgin Mary at the Wedding of Cana, while Jesus is performing his miracle.
Ghuman, Macha, Walsh. "Wine at Cana and the Loaves and Fishes." 15 September 2017, Presentation.
Todd, Brian. "Oh Lord It's Hard to be Humble." Brian Todd Blog, 15 January 2016, www.briantodd.blogspot.com/2016/01/oh-lord-its-hard-to-be-humble-part-2.html. Accessed 17 September 2017.
D'Ambrosio, Marcellino. "Wedding Feast at Cana." Crossroads Initiative, 20 December 2016, www.crossroadsinitiative.com/media/articles/wedding-feast-at-cana/. Accessed 15 September 2017.

Through my classmates' group presentations, I learned that Jesus is always with us, no matter what. He guided the wisemen to find him through a star, performed miracles to feed thousands and provide wine at the wedding at Cana, and died for us and for our sins. He did not abandon us, even when it seemed like He did. When King Herod slaughtered innocent babies, Jesus stayed with us. He did this so that he could die for us and save us from sin. Even though Jesus was the most powerful human being, he remained humble, gracious, and loving. This is shown through his acts of kindness and love that He performed throughout his journey.

I found the Wedding at Cana the most interesting story of Jesus. Although Jesus didn't think it was time for Him to start his journey to save our sins, His mother Mary convinced him to preform a miracle. He eventually agreed and created great-tasting wine out of water. I thought this story was fascinating because Jesus stayed humble throughout the process and never wanted to draw attention to himself. He only wanted to help humanity and save us from sin. Also, this story is interesting because it marks the beginning of Jesus' journey and plan that he continues until the end of His life.
After reflecting on Jesus' characteristics through these stories, I have concluded that two people in my life share similar qualities with Jesus. These two people are my father and my sister. They both are extremely humble, kind people who want to keep everyone safe and happy. They also both work hard for our family and continuously make sacrifices. I aspire to be like them and always be kind and hardworking. Both my dad and my sister have helped me grow into the person I am today.
I included these two pictures in my post to add visualization to my writing. The picture at the top expresses how, through His humility, Jesus died for us and saved us from ourselves. The picture at the bottom shows an image of Jesus and the Virgin Mary at the Wedding of Cana, while Jesus is performing his miracle.
Ghuman, Macha, Walsh. "Wine at Cana and the Loaves and Fishes." 15 September 2017, Presentation.
Todd, Brian. "Oh Lord It's Hard to be Humble." Brian Todd Blog, 15 January 2016, www.briantodd.blogspot.com/2016/01/oh-lord-its-hard-to-be-humble-part-2.html. Accessed 17 September 2017.
D'Ambrosio, Marcellino. "Wedding Feast at Cana." Crossroads Initiative, 20 December 2016, www.crossroadsinitiative.com/media/articles/wedding-feast-at-cana/. Accessed 15 September 2017.
Comments
Post a Comment